Sunday, February 1, 2009

Delhi-6 - Music Review - ****/5

A.R.Rahman is on a roll these days. After huge compositions from Ghajini, Slumdog Millionare and Yuvraaj, he still had 'nuf beats for this soundtrack. Below are my favorites for Delhi-6 (in the order that I like):

1. Rehna Tu Hai - I saw a preview of this song in the trailer for the first time when I was in Bombay and couldn't wait to hear the entire song. The composition is phenomenal and A.R.Rahman is sickkk on the vocals.
2. Dil Gira Dafatan - Not sure what it is about this song but whatever it is, I love it. At first I thought the singer was Raghav (yeah the Let's Work It Out Raghav) but its actually sung by a dude called Ash King.
3. Dilli-6 - Hot beats. Will grow on you once you see Sonam Kapoor in the promos.
4. Masakali - They've been using this song in the promos all over the place. Its catchy. I don't like the hook but overall the song is good.
5. Hey Kaala Bandar - The western song on the soundtrack. Interesting beats. There's a chorus at 2:11 which sounds very much like a song from Yuvraaj. You'll know what I'm talking about when you hear it :)
6. Genda Phool and Arziyan - Okayyyy! In the sense that I'll not skip them. May be they'll grow on me once I watch the movie.

The rest 3 or so tracks, I could care less for.

Feel free to post your likings under this blog. I'd be interested in knowing how my music taste compares to others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I noticed one of your favorite tracks is Dil Gira Dafatan. Check out the meaning of the song here: http://tinyurl.com/9hu2xe (some lines are deep).